- C1/D Visas are for crew and transit. They are for seaman on large vessels.
- B1/B2 are for business and tourism. It states on the travel.state.gov website that B1 and B2 visas are not for crew members arriving on a ship or aircraft, however it seems that there is some discretion as to what is considered a ship. We suggest you get BOTH and cover your bases.
- The fee is $160.00 for the online non-immigrant visa form, DS-160.
- Be prepared to have a 2-3 day turnaround time, possibly longer.
- For information on expediting visas check: www.abriggs.com
According to the government website
The Embassy of the United States of America in Barbados has transitioned to a new appointment and document delivery service for the non-immigrant visa section. Implemented at U.S. Embassies worldwide, the new process is designed to be more convenient and user-friendly. In addition to the new online system, call center representatives will substantially expand available hours for applicants to obtain information by phone.
Effective March 21, 2013, applicants can book a new appointment online or by phone.
Call center representatives are available:
Monday-Friday, 7:00am-9:00pm (local time)
Call Center representatives can be contacted at:
United States: 703-439-2357
As found on the CSC Barbados website:
New Non-Immigrant Visa Application Procedure:
- Complete your DS-160 Online Visa Application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/
- Return to this website and create an account.
- Use a credit card to pay your application fee on this website. Applicants located in Barbados can also pay cash at Scotiabank locations.
- After paying, you can schedule an appointment for your visa interview by logging onto your account on this site, or by phone through the call center. This service is free of charge.
- Applicants can pick up their passports at no additional cost from the DHL office in Barbados. Similar to the old procedure, if applicants wish to pay for an additional courier service to another location, they can do so independently or make arrangements with DHL personnel co-located at the U.S. Embassy.