10 Tips for Getting Your Boat Hurricane Ready
Preparing Your Boat for a Hurricane Check List:
- Create a hurricane plan in advance
- Understand your insurance plan
- Coordinate w/ marina if hauling out
- Choose your relocation destination carefully
- Secure your boat to the dock- bow in the direction of open water
- Check the size and condition of your ground tackle
- Use multiple anchors set in tandem or in different directions
- Use new lines and chafe gear- this is no time to be cheap!
- Reduce windage – remove furlers, all canvas, and exposed moving rigging
- Track the storm
A special Thank You to the people at BoatUS for all the great hurricane information above!